Delivering a Smart Energy Future in association with FTI Consulting
Date: Monday 20 May 2019
Location: 200 Aldersgate Street, Barbican, London EC1A 4HD
As the UK continues to decarbonise it is expected that smart technologies will enable billions of pounds’ worth of savings for UK consumers by increasing efficiency and giving clear investment signals to industry. The UK energy system will continue to be modernised in order to integrate greater numbers of a wide range of low carbon assets, from intermittent generation to low carbon heat and transport, requiring the integration of smart systems and hardware that reaches from National Grid’s control room down right to the devices we install in our homes.
Following the release of the Government and Ofgem’s Smart Systems and Flexibility Plan in 2016 and Update Report in 2018 the UK’s efforts have increased, but challenges remain in coordinating an efficient rollout of proven technologies across the UK.
Following the publication of Energy UK’s Future of Energy report, Energy UK and FTI Consulting invite you to join us and a panel of experts for a discussion of the core opportunities and barriers apparent in for a smart flexible energy system in the UK.
- Elizabeth Adams, Managing Director, FTI Consulting
- Sam Hollister, Director of Economics and Corporate Services, Energy UK
- James Johnson, CEO and Co-Founder, Piclo
- Chris Kimmett, Commercial Director Networks, Reactive Technologies
- Katia Moskvitch, Business and Space Editor, Wired (Chair)
- Colm Murphy, Electricity Market Change Delivery Manager - System Operator, National Grid
- Fiona Navesey, Director of Wholesale Markets, Centrica
08:30 – Registration and breakfast
09:00 – FTI Consulting opening remarks
09:10 – Energy UK presentation
09:30 – Panellists presentations
10:00 – Q&A
10:30 – Networking
11:00 – Event concludes
Registration for this event is now closed